Unlock iPhone 5 via eBay for less than u$d10 - CRAZY!

I am the worlds biggest skeptic on services that claim to offer unlock codes for iPhones since Apple lock down the system pretty well.  Unlocking means you can pop any SIM card into your phone so you can use it with any mobile carrier you want.  When travelling this can save you $$$ in roaming charges.

It seemed to good to be true but since eBay offer the buyer a lot of protection and the cost was a fraction of what many other websites were offering, I decided to buy an unlock code for my wife's GSM iPhone 5 for u$d9 off of eBay from this seller.  I had used eBay to successfully find an unlock code for my own Samsung Galaxy 3 a few months earlier so I had at least a little optimism.  Sure enough 24 hours later I got an unlock code which iTunes confirmed unlocked the iPhone 5.

I believe this seller probably has a contact in AT&T to assist the process but I don't really care so long as it works and I confirmed by popping an Irish SIM card (3 Network) into the phone while visiting Dublin a few weeks back and it worked like a lucky Irish charm.  The price has now dropped to less than u$d6 which is less than the cost of a SIM card in many countries. Enjoy the savings brought to you by PADDY in BA. Also check out my previous posts on unlocking iPhones here and hereCheck out the rest of my travel hacking tips here.


Tags: ..Unlock iPhone 5 via eBay for less than u$d10..
If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

4 comments:

W Brian Duncan January 01, 2013 1:11 pm  

I will start by saying that my specialty is not in security, but I might caution giving out your IMEI. There is a potential for tracking your device or perhaps cloning your device so the clone racks up charges on your account.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 02, 2013 5:37 pm  

@ WBD: Appreciate your concern - I have not yet had a bad experience with this and there is a vetting process with eBay so I only use an established and vetted seller

Anonymous,  January 03, 2013 7:20 am  

I am so happy to be in Hong Kong where locking phones is illegal....

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 03, 2013 2:35 pm  

@Anony: I lived in HK for 18 months back in 2009/10 and loved it. Check out my hiking links up top. Loved the fact that allphones are sold unlocked too!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP