2010 - The Year in Review

Since this blog is more of a diary, I feel compelled to share that 2010 is a bit of a blur (nought to do with beer - well maybe a wee bit..).  It was a challenging year to be sure.  The missus and I flew from our abode in Hong Kong and spent the last week of 2009 slummin' in a swanky Singapore apartment courtesy of my cuz' and his missus ('grassy arse' B & J) who headed to the snow and ice mayhem of London / Dublin for their Xmas break including an unscheduled free stopover on the airport floor for a night in Luton.  Deja Vu if you look at the weather forecast in those parts of Europe at the mo'.


We were back in Hong Kong just in time for a spectacular New Years fireworks display with a large party crowd on a glitzy junk boat on the HK harbour, where I got spectacularly busted trying to 'borrow' a bottle of champagne from the 'non communal ice box'.  The problem with a boat is there's nowhere to run and hide from dirty looks and worse (for 90+ slow, tick-tock, agonizing minutes....cringe).  Note to self - only steal champagne on land from now on - lessons learned.

The jury is still deliberating as to whether I had been avoiding work or it had been alluding me but alas in February 2010 opportunity knocked and I answered and after some back n' forth and see-saw, a potential international relocation for June/July once again presented itself to the already road weary Mr and Mrs Paddy in BA.

And so it came to pass, that we Irish/Argie gypsies packed up shop once more and headed off into the sunset to arrive at an already familiar destination (NYC/NJ) where upon six months has now passed and I'm happy to say no regrets (apart from the B&T label). We've reconnected with old friends and made new friends and with the exception of owning a home (we rent), and having 2.5 children (New Years resolution) and a dog (not likely) and a car (maybe) we are living the American dream (subject to recessionary scaling).

Here's Wishing Best Wishes for the Holidays and Happy New Year to Y'all!



.
Tags: .2010 - The Year in Review..
If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

5 comments:

Baino December 21, 2010 11:15 pm  

Same to you Enda. You've had a busy time of it and I've loved coming on the journey with you. Especially Honk Kong, all those hikes and hinterland I didn't realise existed. Have a wonderful Christmas in the big apple and think of us with sweaty lips while you're gloving up. L. Hells

Anonymous,  December 22, 2010 1:48 am  

What's a brutha gotta do to get a shoutout on this flippin blog/diary?

I visited you in HK like 10 times, to the point I got on yer lease...

Treated you to a semi expenses paid trip to Tokyo...

Let you crash at my pad indefinitely and was actually sad to see you go (note: no way you was getting on my lease!)...

Took you to my corporate xmas party...

Is this all because I didn't help you with that shelf yet!?

-kev

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) December 22, 2010 7:08 am  

@ Baino: Thanks for sticking with me on this sporadically updated blurb and enjoy the warm Xmas / New Years

@ Kev: You just opened up a big can o' Irish 'whoop ass' stew - I will stitch you up with an entire post of your own - word to yo' Mama.....and yeah you better sort that shelf out pronto

nick December 22, 2010 10:09 am  

A Happy Christmas to you too. I expect you to be gadding across the globe once again in the New Year. I'm sure the dust is not going to settle on your New York sojourn for long before the itchy feet start bothering you....

Thriftcriminal December 22, 2010 10:28 am  

Have a good one. Pint next time you are back in Dublin.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP