Hiking Stage 9 of the Wilson Trail, Hong Kong

How to get there: Stage 9 begins at Cloudy Hill. Outside Tai Po Market KCRC Station, take a taxi to Tai Po Tau and follow the hill trail to Cloudy Hill. You can also take a short cut by catching green minibus no. 52B for Hok Tau Wai at Fanling KCRC Station, which will take you to Lau Shui Heung Country Trail from where you walk to the Stage 9 starting point in Cloudy Hill. For your return journey, get on the main road that meets the end of the trail. This location is just south of Nam Chung. Turn right here and a half mile walk will take you to the village. There, walk down Luk Keng Road to catch green minibus no. 56K for Fanling KCRC Station.


Seems like I upset a few Irish peeps with my last blog post and I had some vocal (by way of email not comments) 'unsubscribers' for my apparent 'anti-Irish' stance. I hate to lose readers and I don't think I'm 'anti-Irish' but I'm certainly not singing Ireland's praises either - to be sure. Alas, so be it and onto the more important stuff.

So I realise I'm blogging a lot about hiking recently but I simply can't help it. Sorry if it doesn't 'rock your boat' but it does rock mine and this my mindless rant of a blog after all so I can do what I want. I'm discovering more incredible trails every week so there's more of this drivel coming your way shortly.

In fact, I plan to put together a hiking portal with links to my favourite hikes including marks out of ten and links to good hiking info websites etc - more to come on that soon. Any objections? Suggestions? Indifference? - Let me know in the comments pls.













Tags: ..Hiking Stage 9 of the Wilson Trail, Hong Kong..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

11 comments:

Unknown November 09, 2009 12:11 pm  

I love the shots.
What a cool scenery!

And don't fret about the morons than can't take justified critique.

Pft....!

Fida November 09, 2009 12:24 pm  

You totally rock my boat. I put that one on my bucket list!
Happy Hiking, Irish Man ;-)

Baino November 09, 2009 2:35 pm  

I'm not a fan of hiking per se but I'm enjoying the photos from your lofty heights. And I think being critical of your homeland is as important as loving it. We all have issues in our countries of origin. To deny them is not being true to yourself.

Maya November 09, 2009 10:01 pm  

Good on ya for staying true to yourself.
I love your hiking posts--but, as you may know from my own blog & comments, I love to hike. I am anxious to see what you do with your hiking portal, because it is something I've been thinking about doing.

nick November 10, 2009 4:16 am  

Breathtaking. No more to be said.

What's the problem with you criticising your native country? If there are faults, why not admit it? Are you supposed to eulogise the place non-stop, Soviet Union style? (We have made 4,700,000 tractors this year, God bless the motherland....)

Fili November 10, 2009 8:02 am  

Looks amazing. I've been meaning todo that one for a while now... -jealous-

you get around, don't you ? :)

Thriftcriminal November 10, 2009 8:39 am  

Nice. Like a bit of hillwalking myself, though my usual partners in crime are limited by young kids at the moment, so I don't get out as often as I'd like. Anyway, I certainly won't complain about the scenery, it's tempting me to consider a walking tour of Hong-Kong in the future, though my friend Eric (a native of the area living in Ireland now) told me to tell you to watch out for any illegal immigrants from the mainland who might be camping up there, they've been known to rob hikers and leave them tied up.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 10, 2009 9:20 am  

@ Nicole: Thnx - You'd be in photo heaven here

@ Fida: Thnx for the retweet too

@ Baino: Wise words - thank you

@ Maya: yeah you should totally do portal too - I'll let you know how I fare

@ Nick: appreciate the support mate

@ Fili: I can't stay still in this hiking heaven

@ Thrifty: My mates GF said the same thing but I've yet to find any Robin Hoods or crooks in these parts

姍姍 November 11, 2009 1:45 am  

Hi, just happened to drop by your blog. You have been travelling to sooo many places, cool! I have just started travelling last year, hope to see more and more travel story on your blog :)

姍姍 November 11, 2009 3:40 am  

Hi, thanks for visiting our blog, haven't visited Bromo, but got a chance to visit Ubud last July. We love Ubud too. Btw, I see you travel by land in Laos, how was it?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 11, 2009 4:03 am  

@ Venny 姍姍: Thanks for visiting. Laos was tough to get around on land - long uncomfortable bus rides you can check the details using the label 'Travel Laos' in the left sidebar

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP