Fish Spa - Suck on This!

The locals love their 'creature' comforts in this part of the world.  Massages of every variety imaginable and some unimaginable - wink - wink - nudge - nudge!  Ah well sure - "All's well that ENDS well!" and sure don't we all love a 'Happy Ending' to be sure to be sure!

We went to a Fish Spa recently where the basic idea is, you immerse your feet in a large fish tank and the little blighters proceed to feast on the dead skin of your toes etc and give you a good 'foot cleansing'.  It was very ticklish and weird at first but somehow calming and therapeutic after a while.

We went as a group of four and some of our feet attracted more attention or seemed more appetizing than others - no idea why? - more toe jam perhaps?






The YouTube video below will give you an idea of how it all works. There's also a full body immersion version which made me squirm thinking about mini Parana nibbling on my private bits! - Ouch! ehhh.... no thanks!



In upcoming reviews I'll be commenting on my experiences of the following 'real life' Spa treatments.

Leech therapy: As the leeches bite the skin and suck away, their saliva is said to increase circulation and detoxify your system.



Snake massage: Relax clients’ aching muscles as six non-venomous snakes slip-slide down your spine, leaving you lulled into a reptile-induced slumber.



Bull-semen hair treatment: Aberdeen-Angus bull semen is mixed with Iranian plant root katera to create a hair mask alleged to improve thickness, strength and sheen.



Bird poo facial: Aestheticians apply UV-light-sanitised and powdered nightingale droppings, mixed with rice bran to the face.


... or I may just go for a pint down the pub - You decide which is next - let me know in the comments below?


Tags: ..Fish Spa..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

14 comments:

Thriftcriminal November 26, 2009 3:02 am  

Errr, who thinks this stuff up? I mean leeches are fairly standard, but bird shit rubbed on your face. Presumably because 'you're worth it'?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 26, 2009 3:23 am  

@ Thrifty: There's always someone prepared to pay for sh!t

nick November 26, 2009 3:43 am  

I've heard of fish spas before. Sounds a rather tedious way of cleansing your feet, a quick wash would be a lot easier. As for leeches, that would really freak me out. And bird poo facials - that's too much to believe, you must have slipped that in just to see if we're awake.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 26, 2009 3:56 am  

@ Nick: Bird poo facial = fact - check this link

Thriftcriminal November 26, 2009 4:06 am  

Yeah, especially over here. Did you see the roof blew off an apartment yesterday? About a mile from my gaff.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 26, 2009 4:08 am  

@ Thrifty: I saw that - 3 year old gaf? - between building in flood plains and shoddy cowboy construction - no wonder the place is falling apart

Baino November 26, 2009 4:35 am  

I love the ambiant music playing in the background while you're having your toes sucked. If I'm not mistaken, it's Chuck Manzionne and his Flugal Horn! Jesus Enda ... surely a couple of jars of the dark stuff will have the same effect. Then I wear perfume sealed with ambergris and that comes out of a whales bum!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 26, 2009 4:44 am  

@ Baino: Yeah once was enough for me - you're right alcohol is more soothing! That must be lovely perfume you have lol!

Thriftcriminal November 26, 2009 11:09 am  

I thought ambergris was whale barf that had been transformed by seawater and sunlight?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 26, 2009 6:21 pm  

@ Thrifty: yer correct - apparently it's also flammable

Jason November 29, 2009 3:05 am  

This is a great travel blog you have here. I'm a first-time visitor, but I'm very impressed. I have a travel blog myself which I hope to be a top resource for those looking for information and experiences on popular vacation destinations.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around. Please let me know if this is possible.

Jason
ThatVACATIONfeeling.com

NicoleB Egypt November 30, 2009 10:32 am  

I take the fish thing, but I guess I rather skip the others you mentioned....
;)

Maya December 01, 2009 11:31 am  

Last summer the little fishes in the bay were swimming around my feet and I had no idea I was getting free spa treatment. Actually, given a chance I'd like to give a fish spa a try one of these days.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) December 01, 2009 8:54 pm  

@ Jason: welcome

@ NicoleB: sure you won't try the Bull semen?

@ Maya: It's a bit of a novelty but worth a try

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP