Shit or Burst!


Things have been a bit mad strange recently.  I'm in a strange land (nought new for me) but without the missus (new for me) and there's been no routine and little structure to everyday life. Much as I've tried, I have little or no job prospects as an ex-banker but that doesn't bother me too much although some say it should.  Should it? 

I tend not to eat super healthy (wonton noodles x 7 days a week) and stay up till the wee hours but alternately I hike like a demon literally drinking up the fantastic scenery that is only a footstep away from the centre of the city.  There's no shortage of social activities and the expat and local people are super friendly.

Her indoors arrives in two weeks time and I've moved from a friends large 2 bedroom apartment to a small studio apartment in preparation.  I love Hong Kong and I really hope we can make things work here but if not I'll chalk it down to a great experience and maybe head back here for a second try someday but that's unlikely in the big scheme of the logic world I live in, so it's "Shit or Burst!" as they say back home.   I hope it's not the latter as you don't want to see what wonton noodles do to my insides!

Tags: .shit or burst..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

14 comments:

Megan April 03, 2009 1:42 am  

Goodness gracious. You are going to stay there for a bit then?

nick April 03, 2009 3:55 am  

Sounds like you're having a great time, job or no job. Of course the average doting parent would say, But what are your future plans, darling? Let the future take care of itself, I say.

A small procedural point. I only lower my pants to knee level myself - am I the odd one out?

Baino April 03, 2009 5:10 am  

I'm very glad the missus is on the way I thought maybe you'd split or something. Why Hong Kong? Ah good a place as any I guess. Have to say Enda you've got the balls to have ago and that counts for a lot! Best of Aussie to you!

Martin April 03, 2009 2:03 pm  

Hong Kong eh?

Seriously, I have a bloke who scampered off there a few years back after selling me a policy which has cost me literally thousands since.

If you see him, chop his knackers off and post them here, cheers, thanks.

TCL April 03, 2009 2:22 pm  

Good luck there. How's the catonese coming?

The same day you were in Happy Valley for the HK 7s I was in Tigre getting smashed up in a BA inter-biz 7s tournament. Not fun after having hung up my boots a year ago.

C'est La Craic April 03, 2009 8:17 pm  

Sure eouhg there's no shortage of ex-baners these days.

that's unlikely in the big scheme of the logic world I live in
"Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority." - Doctor Who

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) April 04, 2009 7:09 am  

@ Megan: Yep - going to give it a shot

@ Nick: I myself drop trou to the ankles but squat so my butt cheeks never make contact with the seat - probably more than you needed to know!

@ Baino: Thanks - We always fancied a spell in Asia and there is so much to explore out here - I'm not dead set on HK but it's my 1st choice

@ Xbox: I think there's a few of those gangsters out here - I'll email you some mug shots

@ TCL: Fair play to you for taking part - I'm more a spectator myself. Haven't started classes yet although I've been steered towards Mandarin since it's more useful on the mainland

@ C'est Le Craic: Ah the great philosopher Dr Who - a wise man if ever there was one

iWalk April 05, 2009 6:20 am  

Maybe you will miss wonton noodles one day, and these days in Hongkong.

Do you also have Qingming Festival holiday there?

C'est La Craic April 05, 2009 11:43 am  

That was supposed to read;
Sure enough, there's no shortage of ex-bankers these days. but apparently I have Parkingson's Disease.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) April 06, 2009 1:48 pm  

@ iWalk: No complaints from me - i love wontons - I don't think we have an official holiday for that


@ C'est La Craic: Baners Bangers Bankers - we're all the same!

iWalk April 07, 2009 1:16 am  

Wontons is one of my favorite food. Glad to know you love it too. :)

We have one-day holiday here for QingMing. :)

Anonymous,  April 07, 2009 8:07 am  

fingers crossed for you both that it works out - sounds like a great place to be.

Broke But Still Drinking April 07, 2009 2:40 pm  

Didn't you hear? Obama is going to save all the bankers.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) April 10, 2009 9:33 am  

@ iWalk: All holidays are good!

@ Conortje: Thanks - it's a great place alright

@ Broke: Save them or sack them?!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP