Hiking in Honkers

It seems like I have sort of lost the plot or at least lost the 'gift of the gab' and don't quite know what to be rambling on about on this bit of the webisphere, so for now I'll just regale you with my hiking adventures.

Even though a thick fog of humidity has literally hung over the city for 5 weeks now and hidden the blue sky and prevented the sun from shining thru it is still pretty spectacular to hike in these parts. You can easily escape the concrete jungle and find yourself in the splendour of deep forest hills in minutes. I am in hiking heaven and am more impressed by this city on a daily basis.

The first set of pics is from a hike to Repulse Bay yesterday which was about a 3 hour hike and the second set is from Tai Tam reservoir which was about 4 hours. Oh - and check out the YouTube video of my view from the top of todays mountain - NOT to be missed!









Tags: ..Hiking in Honkers Hong Kong..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

11 comments:

Grow Up March 24, 2009 9:25 am  

Nice! I must check out that Wilson trail if I ever get back to that part of the world. I bet there is some good hiking on Lantau too. We also spent a nice day (I think, I was really hung over so I'm not sure) on some islands in the bay beside Sai Kung.

Broke But Still Drinking March 24, 2009 10:49 am  

What kind of communist country forbids pissing in the wild?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) March 24, 2009 11:26 am  

@ Grow up: Yes - there is a hike to the Big Buddha on Lan Tau which I'll check out once the clouds clear - need to research Sai Kung

@ Broke: Bloody heathens the lot of them - pissing in the wild is a right of passage for us beer swillers!

PaddyInEngland March 24, 2009 11:53 am  

Its tough at the top, by the looks of things!

Unknown March 24, 2009 12:35 pm  

I'm envious for those hikes!
Would love to walk there.

Baino March 24, 2009 4:16 pm  

So how long you away for? I remember flying into Hong Kong amongst the buildings and the mountains seem just a little too close! scary!

Ed & Jeanne March 24, 2009 5:53 pm  

I was going to hike there but all the rampant illegal urinators scared me away...

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) March 25, 2009 12:33 am  

@ Paddy: It's tough all over these days

@ NicoleB: Good photo material for you for sure

@ Baino: I'm here for the long run - that was the old airport - the new one is a safe distance from buildings and mountains

@ VE: I know - It just pisses me off!

Anonymous,  March 25, 2009 8:12 am  

Those walks look pretty spectacular. I always think of Hong Kong as just loads of skyscrapers and planes flying within yards of them. Obviously there's a lot more to the place than that.

Nomadic Matt March 26, 2009 2:14 am  

that's a misty mountain top

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) March 27, 2009 3:29 am  

@ Nick: I thought the same before I arrived but am happy to have been wrong

@ Matt: sure is - and it's been like that for weeks

@ Nikou: Thanks and welcome - i will drop over to yours later

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP