Paddy in UK

.......continued from here

If I haven't visited your blog recently don't take offence - I'm on the road and just haven't got the man hours

I just about escaped from New York before a massive snow storm set in and closed all the airports. I got a typical cold London welcome with dark cloudy skies and rain drizzling down (some things never change).

I had a couple of good nights out catching up with old friends and had the mandatory hot n' spicy Indian curry. My system hasn't been exposed to a curry for quite some time and I was feeling the 'burning ring of fire' effects for literally 24 hours. I'm still a wee bit raw and tender down the nether regions right now.

On Friday night I headed up to Scotland on the train for a friends wedding which would happen the following day in Auchen castle near Lockerbie. A lot of the guests were coming by boat from Belfast but this little ferry hiccup occured so there was a last minute scramble for other means of travel. I had the honour of being the best man and it was an absolute blast. The jack hammer continued to 'blast' at my head the morning after.

The bride and groom

It seems the snow followed me to London as tonight the snow is falling fast right now and it looks like we'll have a few inches by the morning. Tomorrow I'm due to head to Coventry (weather permitting) as the adventure continues and the final destination will soon be revealed.

Update: Heaviest snowfall for 18 years hit London - I guess I'll be staying put for a while


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

.

17 comments:

Ed & Jeanne February 01, 2009 10:58 pm  

I should have come over here awhile ago. I read through the last few posts. Now I'm rivited to see where you'll end up...

Anonymous,  February 02, 2009 4:13 am  

Jeez, so you got caught up in the great "lorry hanging out of back of ferry" fiasco. Glad you managed to find other transport for the big day. Did they tell you the ferry had just gone back into service after a £1 million refit? Some refit. Or maybe it was just dodgy lorry brakes....

No snow here in Belfast. England and Scotland seem to be getting a much worse winter than us.

Unknown February 02, 2009 8:48 am  

I guess you're stuck in London. So Coventry is where the final leg of the journey begins?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 02, 2009 9:27 am  

@ VE: Stay tuned - coming soon

@ Nick: lol - I hadn't heard about the refit - yer lucky to be avoiding the snow - the whole of the country is shutting down here

@ Conan: yes - stranded! almost the beginning of the end but not just yet

Anonymous,  February 02, 2009 12:47 pm  

Damn. I'm leaving Coventry and heading to London. Too bad, we could have hooked up for a pint or four.

Martin February 02, 2009 1:06 pm  

You're not an hour from here....

Easyjet...

Baino February 02, 2009 3:31 pm  

God talk about international man of Mystery . . we'll have to rename you Austen Powers!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 02, 2009 8:01 pm  

@ Stevo: bummer we were probably passing each other today

@ Xbox: Would like to meet you in person but I'll never stay at yer place as the head board would be banging against the wall all night

@ Baino: My master plan to rule the world - Soon to be revealed!

Martin February 03, 2009 3:56 pm  

I would feign disgust at you, but, meh, you're right...

Unknown February 03, 2009 3:57 pm  

Oh, Paddy are your itchy feet taking you now? You are full of s..s..surprises (what did u think I was going to say?)Can we meet up, Alf and I would love to take you to our local for a good chinwag. LEt us know darling, pls!
Big kiss
Pat

Broke But Still Drinking February 03, 2009 7:11 pm  

London looks like paradise compared to Pittsburgh.

Anonymous,  February 04, 2009 4:42 am  

Oh, You took the heaviest snowfall from New Tork to London!

But I hope you also encounter the most becautiful spring at hometown!

Anonymous,  February 04, 2009 10:33 am  

You comin' to Dublin? when?

Anonymous,  February 04, 2009 12:46 pm  

Hi Paddy, you have been tagged and won an award, check out my blog: http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/2009/02/omg-ive-been-tagged-again-another-award.html to collect and participate.

AV

PaddyInEngland February 04, 2009 2:51 pm  

im paddyinengland, you better be on your bike soon sunshine!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 07, 2009 8:05 am  

@ all - am way behind on my commenting responses so will catch up with these soon

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 09, 2009 7:42 am  

@ Xbox: I'm always right usually sometimes

@ Patricia: I'll try and touchbase when I'm back in a few days

@ Broke: can't argue with that - I passed thru Pittsburgh once - it was the pits!

@ iWalk: yeah the snow seems to be following me around

@ Roy: yes - am in dublin now

@ Argentum: Muchas gracias

@ Paddy in England: this town ain't big enough for the two of us so you can stay

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP