Where the HELL is Paddy?


Interview with Paddy in BA:

Q. So why did you pick Buenos Aires as a destination for some time out?

Well the wife is from here for one thing. Although to be honest the driving force for the new unemployed me was cost of living but since she has family here it was an easy idea to sell. Latinos are famous for being family centric and the regular 3 hour lunch with relatives is commonplace.

Years back we'd talked about how great it would be to do a few months backpacking so that dream became a reality (link). Quality of life here for an expat is higher than I've experienced anywhere else.

Q. Will you settle down and stay in BA?

I'd highly recommend it as a retirement option but unfortunately, unless you are lucky enough to earn pounds, euros or dollars the local salaries are not that good and your A$peso doesn't go far when you leave Argentina. A ten day trip to Europe would cost several months salary.

Q. So what's the plan and what was the big 'change' you've been waffling on about in recent posts?

Well as the post title suggests I'm not in BA right now and I may not be back.

*Pauses for dramatic effect*

If I'm successful in my quest to find a job I'll be relocating and the missus will follow once I've paved the way so to speak.

Q. So where in the name of jaezuz are you going now?

Right now I'm actually in Houston, Texas waiting for a connecting flight. I'm going to be zipping around a bit for the next few weeks so you'll just have to revisit the blog to see where I am. I'll also be doing a bit of soul searching and reflection so it might even be interesting! ;-)

Q. Do you honestly expect us to keep coming back to read this drivel about your nomadic poncin' around the globe?

Well you've obviously got nothing better to do if you're reading this right now!

Q. Are you going to make a video of yerself doing a silly dance in famous places like yer man Matt Harding and post it on YouTube?

Nope - no silly dance - I have two left feet and about as much rhythm as a goldfish in a bowl of cornflakes.

Have to end the interview here as I have to board a plane (be bored on a plane!) - wish me luck and tune in real soon for next port o' call!



Tags: ..Where the hell is Paddy?, Irish Rover..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

.

20 comments:

Baino January 26, 2009 2:36 pm  

Now you're just being mysterious for effect and I'll have to wonder what you're up to all day . . .cruel and unusual punishment!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 26, 2009 2:43 pm  

@ Baino: You have to be cruel to be kind in the right measure ;-)

Martin January 26, 2009 3:32 pm  

Well aren't you the little mystery man!

TCL January 26, 2009 5:03 pm  

Good luck Quickroute. Don't know about finding employment but getting out of Houston Texas is a good start.

Megan January 26, 2009 10:22 pm  

If you end up in So Cal at any point you better email me. You just better had.

Luck!

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 1:06 am  

Perhaps you could become a spy for Ireland? International Paddy of Mystery? Has a ring to it...

Unknown January 27, 2009 2:06 am  

Have fun & Best of Luck, Mystery man :)!

Caro January 27, 2009 3:29 am  

Good luck! it's all very exciting.

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 4:18 am  

Sounds exciting. Best of luck in your new ventures. I presume the plan is to settle somewhere in Northern America. How many guesses are we allowed?

Thriftcriminal January 27, 2009 4:19 am  

Matt and his dance rule! Well, if you are back in Dublin at any stage give us a shout for a pint.

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 4:20 am  

Goldfish in a bowl of cornflakes? If I had a quid for every time I've felt like that. Move over, Bill Gates....

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 5:04 pm  

Why would you pick Buenos Aires? Why WOULDN'T you pick the greatest city in the world? Come on!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 27, 2009 7:44 pm  

@ Xbox: I move in mysterious ways

@ TCL: Thanks - I remember the Alamo

@ Megan: thanks - not on my itinerary right now but you never know

@ Stevo: lol - that has a ring to it

@ NicoleB: Gracias

@ Caro: thanks - wear your seat belt!

@ Nick: Thanks - as many as you want

@ Thrifty: Will do

@ Arjewtino: True - very true!

@ Xbox:

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 10:46 pm  

God the curiosity will kill me!!

Anonymous,  January 28, 2009 2:39 am  

This is all sounds very exciting. Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

Anonymous,  January 28, 2009 6:07 am  

Always good luck Quickroute, wherever you go, whatever you do.

PaddyInEngland January 28, 2009 6:30 am  

interviewing yourself? first sign of madness!

Broke But Still Drinking January 28, 2009 2:00 pm  

Let me know if you have a layover in Pittsburgh. I'll show you where to find all the good stuff.

Nomadic Matt January 29, 2009 1:21 am  

if you leave BA, who will drink with me when I get there?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 29, 2009 4:26 am  

@ Wandermom: Exciting isn't it!

@ Conortje: fingers and toes ;-)

@ iWalk: thanks

@ Paddy: mad as a hatter

@ Broke: not this time but thanks

@ Matt: I have some contacts for ya

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP