The Fantastic Journey - Katie Saylor




My mind works in mysterious ways as you already know if you've visited here before. A blast from the past flashed by me today. I remember it like it was only 30+ years ago. Way back then, a new TV show called 'The Fantastic Journey' with a hot babe with a mini skirt arrived on TV. The scenario: A family is on a boat and washes up on an island after a storm in the Bermuda Triangle.

They jump thru time portals to different parts of the island with new perils and adventures in each episode. The important bit was the hot babe 'Katie Saylor' (photos above) who wore a short mini skirt and had the 'bod' and face of a goddess. I was only ten years old and she was my first crush. I was completely infatuated, fascinated, captivated and besotted by this girl.

It's quite possible, I may have had intimate relations with my teddy bear who with my active imagination, I imagined to be Katie or was that just a dream? - I hereby claim the protection of the Fifth Amendment on that one - p.s just in case - sorry Teddy :-((

The BASTARDS in NBC cancelled the show after only 8 episodes and Katie didn't show up on the last two shows. I googled around today in an effort to find out whatever happened to Katie and it turns out she was ill during filming and passed away a few years later with the Big 'C'.

Life can be short and seem cruel and yet again I've been given a slap in the face to be grateful for the little things in life I take for granted.

R.I.P. Katie



Tags: .The Fantastic Journey - Katie Saylor.YouTube.


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

.
.

15 comments:

Megan January 15, 2009 11:56 pm  

That is an AWESOME outfit.

RIP Katie.

English Mum January 16, 2009 4:18 am  

I'm with Megan. Loving those lapels. Great legs too :)

Anonymous,  January 16, 2009 5:50 am  

Careful, you might be picked up for teddy abuse. That poor teddy being subjected to your crazed childhood fantasies. I should delete that para if I were you before it comes to the notice of officialdom.

Personally, I think the woman standing behind her is more my type....

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 16, 2009 9:22 am  

@ Megan: Fashion way ahead of its time for sure

@ EM: She was well fit wasn't she!

@ Nick: "I think the woman standing behind her is more my type" - LOL you crack me up!

C'est La Craic January 16, 2009 1:25 pm  

I think I may hae seen reruns on povRTE a long time ago. The scenario sounds familiar.
Funny the effect you might have on someone without ever knowing it...

So you'e responsible for the junkie Teddy bear that stumbles around mumbling to himself, 'I said no, he just wouldn't listen...'

That's a sick joke actually and in very bad taste. You should be ashamed of yourself for having read this comment.

Baino January 16, 2009 5:07 pm  

God I remember that it was fantastic and no matter what happened her hair stayed in place and her clothes always remained clean . . .Teddy abuse! Shame on you. *off to wash son's panda bear*

Thriftcriminal January 18, 2009 1:53 pm  

Got you beat, wonder woman caused my first woody, I was about 6.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 18, 2009 4:14 pm  

@ C'est La Craic: Guilty as charged - if you go down to the woods today - you better not go alone - teddy bears picnic1!

@ Baino: Finally someone who saw it! - yes her style was not phased by any calamity!

@ Thrifty: you were an early (dirt) bird - I had a bit of a thing for wonder woman me self - and the Bionic woman - and and and ......

Susan at Stony River January 18, 2009 5:17 pm  

Oh wow. I can't believe I'd forgotten it; I loved that one! I used to beeeeg my parents could we go to the Bermuda Triangle for summer holidays; they never agreed.

I never knew about her illness or death either. You're right; we've got to live quick and live lots.

Anonymous,  January 18, 2009 8:28 pm  

Well remembered.

R.I.P. Teddy's innocence, too.

Anonymous,  January 19, 2009 1:25 am  

You are certainly a naughty boy!

But I like this girl even though I only see her photos from your post. I feel so sad that she passed away so early.

Anonymous,  January 21, 2009 2:14 am  

Those NBC bastards!

I was more of a Charlies Angels fan, but Erin Grey from the Buck Rogers TV show did do something to me.

I never slept with a teddy, so I can still enter politics, unlike you Paddy.

blzr503,  December 29, 2009 1:13 pm  

You know I don't think she's ever officially been declared dead, that's just the rumor. I don't know but it's possible she's still here.

I loved that show and was always shocked it was cancelled, especially with it's cast and it's similarities to Star Trek. She was hot on that show as well as the movie Invasion of the Bee Girls. If you haven't seen that it's in the public domain and available to watch on the web. I believe she's nude in it.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) December 30, 2009 2:39 am  

@ Everyone: Thanks for the comments and for remembering Katie

Xopher's Zeitgeist February 15, 2021 3:27 am  

Katie isn't dead. She lives in Studio City with her husband Harvey Strassman. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Saylor

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP