2009 Resolutions, Revolutions, Revulsions


I went on my daily walk in the park today to try and walk off some of the excess of the past week. How can one week have such a effect on the midriff? Unfortunately, if I was to really try and cancel out the damage of gluttony, it would have required a 7 day, 200Km fast hike up a steep hill, against a gale force wind, with a heavy backpack and no more FOOD!

It seemed as if there were a lot of people with the same idea as me. I normally see the same old healthy faces but today it was full of new people who look like they haven't walked more then a few blocks for quite some time. Many were struggling and grimacing as they tried to jog or walk fast. Sweat was dripping from every pore on their plump bodies. For once, I actually looked in good shape at least compared to these noobs of fitness.

It seems many of us start out the New Year with firm resolutions and the best of intentions. Unfortunately most of us fail miserable after only a short time but as the expression goes 'God loves a trier!'

Many of the blogs I've been visiting are a talking about cutting back on alcohol (mostly Irish blogs strangely enough!). I'm going to try something more achievable and have resolved to try the following:

  • Maintain my walking exercise regimen in 2009
  • Stop saying "Ah sure I suppose one more won't do any harm!"
  • Stop reading the menu and from cover to cover but always ordering steak
  • Stop checking my emails or blog comments or basically anything else before I have to do something constructive
OK - I really only committed to the first one!
Tell me now - What have/have not you resolved to do for the New Year?

Tags: .2009 Resolutions, Revolutions, Revulsions Buenos Aires, Argentina..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

.
.

12 comments:

Anonymous,  January 03, 2009 1:49 am  

Take aim more carefully. No more accidental kneecapping.

Unknown January 03, 2009 2:12 am  

I won't even attempt the last one ;)
I am with you on keeping up the walking. It sure helps. I already cut back on Snacks and chocolate. No cutting back on alc, I won't even try ;)

Anonymous,  January 03, 2009 7:51 am  

Being a perpetually anxious person, I always resolve to be less anxious and more laid back. But it never works. It must be a genetic glitch I have absolutely no control over.

English Mum January 03, 2009 12:52 pm  

Erm..nothing specific. Just a general convinction to try and be a nice person. And no, not cutting down on the sauce - whatever next!

Megan January 03, 2009 2:58 pm  

The drinking will continue, but I too am going to try and stop myself before the next day is a ruin.

I have resolved also to take a class of some kind. Any kind. Even if it's only on the internet. We'll see how that pans out!

Walking is a good idea, too.

Anonymous,  January 03, 2009 3:46 pm  

I should make a list of resolutions. I won't, but I should.

If you want to lose weight, Paddy, move to China for a few months. I'll put you on Stevo's newly patented fitness regime.

Best of all, the booze here is 68% alcohol.

Anonymous,  January 03, 2009 4:09 pm  

Exercise not diet. That's mine.

Oh and stay in touch with people a little better. I keep in touch with blog mates with whom I have never met before better than I keep in touch with my family and by now long lost friends.

Perhaps a third one would be to cut back on the time I spend on the internet.

I think like you I will be able to only commit to the first one, or first two.

No drinking problems here, I did too much drinking when I was young and stupid and got bored with it all.

Good luck with your walking regimen. Just remember, if you feel like postponing a day's walk, don't. Just do it. Postponing and cancelling an exercise session is evil.

Gx

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 04, 2009 1:58 pm  

@ Primal: I have a bad aim so I use a machine gun

@ Nicole B: I crave salty snack with my beer - got to cut back on that

@ Nick: Starting to develop a bit of anxiety complex myself - not happy about that

@ EM: General convictions are probably more achievable - good one

@ Megan: problem with an internet class is you'll be checking your blog half way thru

@ Stevo: I saw your before and after pics and was well impressed

@ Gaye: cut down on internet time - yep I need to do that big time - I rarely cancel the walks as I know I'll feel crap if I don't go

PaddyInEngland January 05, 2009 1:55 pm  

"Stop checking my emails or blog comments or basically anything else before I have to do something constructive"

This one looks hard lol, and you cant beat a good steak

Anonymous,  January 05, 2009 1:57 pm  

omg! those are exactly MY new years resolutions as well! weeeeird! happy new year.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 05, 2009 4:58 pm  

@ Paddy in England: I'm doing too good on that one so far - and had steak last night

@ Gina: Welcome - small world eh!

Baino January 07, 2009 7:04 pm  

Yeh, the last one's a no hoper! 19th Jan . .I'm on the weight loss, fitness, non smoking trail. . srsly, really, stop laughing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP