Seven personal things you don't know about me....

I'll tell you a secret!

....and maybe shouldn't....and probably you don't care but I'm going to tell you anyway!

I am the Dr Spock of logic (minus the pointy ears) and can come up with a plan to resolve a work issue or other peoples problems in nano seconds but am completely hopeless at hatching a plan to address the challenges life throws my way.

I am a classic last minute merchant and whatever is due tomorrow will always be started the day before tomorrow and hopefully be delayed until next week / month / year. Procrastination is my specialty, but I'm going to change all that tomorrow or the next day like this.

I have only been in one serious physical fight ever. I was 10 years old and it was with my best friend at the time. He started it for no apparent reason but I won. We remained friends but were never close afterward.

I am a self confessed gadget freak - Technology rocks my boat but I refuse to pay top $$$ for the latest gadget because I know it will be updated and 30% cheaper in 6 months. I can email, blog, twitter and work out my GPS location from my mobile phone but rarely carry my phone with me?

I still have a coveted VOIP (internet) '212' New York area code telephone number which is used about 3 times a month. I can't bring myself to part with it but it ends up being as cheap as Skype out calls.

I have somewhat inadvertently distanced myself from family and friends via my wandering ways. I have no contact with friends from primary school and minimal contact with high school friends and only 1 contact from college? I have many good acquaintances but only a small group of people I consider true friends, many of whom I don't see for years on end. Facebook is slowly changing that.

Even though I'm a sort of anonymous (green Shrek like character) - I have become inexplicably drawn to publishing personal stuff like this to random strangers such as yourself! - why?

Now it's your turn - give me just one personal tit bit? - Go on spill it!
Tags: .Seven personal things secrets you don't know about me...


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here


.
.

17 comments:

Baino December 07, 2008 10:52 pm  

Aww bless yer cotton sox. Slackers of the world unite I say - tomorrow!

Anonymous,  December 07, 2008 11:22 pm  

I refuse to drink water out of a straw. I think it tastes disgusting.

Megan December 08, 2008 1:41 am  

I like knowing more about you than I did before.

Thriftcriminal December 08, 2008 3:26 am  

I sometimes have trouble sleeping and reckon I accidentally gave myself pneumonia inappropriately using benylin to knock myself out.

C'est La Craic December 08, 2008 3:45 am  

I'm in lat minute club as well. If something can be put off until tomorrow, then I'll probably do it next weekend..

TCL December 08, 2008 9:36 am  

I used to think I work well under pressure. But I recently learned that is only because I put everything off until last minute.

Because of my wandering ways, I've no contact with grade school friends, only one contact from high school via facebook, but loads of good friends (well, maybe two or three) from uni because of our rugby, drinking and wandering habits, and random odd people I became close friends with thru my travels. Can never make work friends because it's too much work.

Anonymous,  December 08, 2008 1:50 pm  

Heh, sounds like me minus the mobile phone (I don't have one) and the coveted VOIP address. I'm probably a bit older too but for the rest of it I could have written it myself.

You walk your own path. if it takes you far from family and friends, so be it. You never know when it might curve back their way. Enjoy the journey.

Adam Ehad December 08, 2008 3:30 pm  

I am living on the street

Adam Ehad December 08, 2008 3:30 pm  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Broke But Still Drinking December 08, 2008 3:41 pm  

I cry at the end of "The Notebook"

Fida December 08, 2008 8:00 pm  

A life full of question marks, eh? Yours could almost be mine just without the gadgets but probably a much bigger wastebasket were most of my stuff goes after procrastinating things long enough!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) December 08, 2008 8:34 pm  

@ Baino: Next week would be better

@Arjewtino: well that is strange - but interesting

@Megan: I asked for deets?

@Thrifty: cough syrup is a slippery slope - next thing is sniffin' glue

@C'est La Craic: *sings* Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow!

@TCL: Interesting - we create our own pressure at work thru procrastination

@Kirk M: Good advice - the journeys been good so far

@xbox: hmmm..at least someone is still eating Irish pig!

@Az: with WIFI?

@Broke: Coincidence - I cry when I run out of beer

@Shaunj: Knife wielding ten year olds - could be a book in you yet

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) December 08, 2008 8:47 pm  

@Fida: Yes indeed - more questions than answers - a life long quiz

Anonymous,  December 08, 2008 11:50 pm  

I think I am the most undomesticated mom on the planet. And I'm not apologizing for every store-bought cookie, costume and craft project :)

Unknown December 10, 2008 2:19 pm  

I work good under pressure, but am pretty much useless without. I just drag along ;)
Not many social contacts from early days left here. Just one Best friend since 28 years or so.
The family? Only my Mom, the Rest of them I barely know. No close relatives left besides her :)

Nicole
http://nicoleb.org/b2/

Anonymous,  December 11, 2008 6:22 am  

My 200 was enough for life - there's nothing left to tell!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP