24 Hour Delivery


Photo: Beer 24/7

I was out for a walk the other day. I love walking. It's therapeutic or soothing or something like that and it's good for you! I pick an area of the city I haven't been to and try and navigate there on foot. Sometimes I get there and sometimes I don't, but I enjoy the exercise. I hate most forms of conventional exercise. The gym, swimming, jogging, pilates (whatever the hell that is?), they are ALL so bleedin' BORING! Walking is cool and everybody does it so it must be really cool. So there I was, walking the other day and I passed this kiosko, which is like an off-licence / mini-mart shop thingy and look what I found......and this in the middle of Lent as well. Jaezuz, what a bunch o' heathens. Who in their right mind would need an alcohol delivery service available 24 hours. It's a moral outrage I tell you....tsk tsk tsk.

9 comments:

Curly K February 17, 2008 5:07 pm  

Moral outrage me bum, it's a fecking great idea LOL! Actually, one of the scummiest bars in my hometown delivers booze and I hear they're delivering to some of the poshest areas in town in the wee hours - honestly!

You lucky sod by the way, living the life in Buenos Aires! Am jealous - hrmmphhh

ellie February 17, 2008 7:07 pm  

By any chance have you written that telephone number down?
Just in case you ever feel the need to report such an outrage!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 18, 2008 10:10 am  

curly K,

I'm not surprised some entrepreneurial types back home are already at this. No shortage of regular customers too, I'd wager!

ellie,

I did actually write the number down the day I walked by and then went back 5 minutes later to take the photo. All in the name of observational research don't you know ;-)

Queen Of Clean February 18, 2008 6:06 pm  

*Tuts*

That number doesn't work!!!

Note to self...'expect less from Eircom'.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 18, 2008 10:10 pm  

Queenie,

overseas delivery has a few kinks to be ironed out right now - much like Eircom...but your call is very important to us.... please hold for the next available operator...... X 10+....

Baino February 20, 2008 2:17 pm  

Gawd, I'd never leave the house what with online shopping and home delivery! Walking round the supermarket and the bottle shop is an integral part of my exerrcise routine!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 20, 2008 4:31 pm  

Baino, that's one of my pet peeves too. No walk to pick up booze = no exercise. Might as well be assimilated into the Matrix where reality is just a computer program!

Anonymous,  April 23, 2008 8:21 pm  

I want to live in your land, among your people.

I think I pressed blog this trying to find where to leave a comment. i can't see the words, man! They're pale blue! On a pale green background!!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) April 23, 2008 9:05 pm  

Sam P.C: - I've been drinking the mets too long - gone colour blind!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP